Shabbos Bulletin Parshas Tetzaveh (Zachor) & Purim 5777
“Al hanissim” is NOT as “obligatory“ as “yaaleh v’yavo”. Thus, this Shabbos, when you eat seudah shlishis, it doesn’t matter what your eating habits are: Just say “retzei” in bentching, and not “al hanissim”.
But out of habit, we will anyway not say “tzidkoschoh tzedek” at Shabbos minchah.
Clip and save for Purim!!
- al hanissim: all the nissim, including Vashti’s tzara’as, Esther’s being chosen; Haman falling onto Esther’s bed-and many many more. All the nissim nistarim.
- v’al hapurkan: not so clear – purkan from what? The word usually refers to some sort of freedom attained. Maybe it became less embarrassing to be Jewish-and adaraba(see Esther 8:17)
- v’al hagevuros: the nitzachon in the milchamos (see Esther 9:2)
- v’al hateshuos: being saved from Haman’s decree of certain death
- v’al hamilchamos: perhaps this adds to hagevuros the very fact that this was part of the larger Amaleik war.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.