Shabbos Bulletin Parshas Vayeilech and Yom Kippur 5780
Eating “Shurin” on Yom Kippur is for when there is a chance of a danger to life, but not immediate enough or clear enough to straightforwardly eat regularly. Or there simply is no need to.
- The maximum amount of food at one session is 30 ml, or one fluid ounce—the external measurements of a standard Israeli matchbox is about that. (We deal with volume, not weight.)
- Prepare the amounts beforehand, if at all possible.
- Eat filling foods, nutritional foods, rather than their opposite.
- The liquid amount is a cheekful. Test beforehand how much yours is.
- One may eat even these amounts only as much as necessary. At least nine minutes must elapse between each session. It is muttar to eat and drink at the same interval.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.