If a person forgot to say “v’sain tal u’mattar’” in birkas hashanim:
- if the person did not yet say the Name of HaShem at the conclusion of the beracha, he should go back to the words”v’sain tal u’mattar” and continue from there.
- if the Name of HaShem was said already, continue and say “v’sain…” in the beracha of sh’ma koleinu.
- if the Name of HaShem at the conclusion of the beracha of sh’ma koleinu was said, but not the next word, he should say “lamdeinu chukecho”, then say v’sain…” and then continue “ki atta shome’ah…”
- if he said even one word after the shem HaShem of the conclusion of the beracha, but did not yet start retzei, the beracha of shomei’a tefillah should be concluded, the phrase”v’sain…”should be said, and then start retzei…
- if he started retzei, he must then go back to the beracha “boreich aleinu” and say shemoneh essrei from there again.
- if he said the yiheyu l’ratzon at the end of shemoneh essrei that he says just before he takes the three steps back, he must repeat the shemoneh essrei over again.