Shabbos Bulletin Parshas Haazinu and Sukkos 5780
We say Hallel shaleim all the days of Sukkos. When Hallel shaleim is said, even one skipped word causes one not to be yotzei, and, according to the Mishnah Berurah, results in a beracha levatalah! So please say Hallel all the days of Sukkos slowly and carefully.
Gross mispronunciation is, logically, like skipping the word.
Here are three common errors:
- The Name of HaShem at the end of the second paragraph אֱלוֹ־הַּ יַעֲקֹב (114:7) is supposed to be pronounced
- Eh (h is silent)
- Lo (accent is on this second syllable)
- Ahh (with the H pronounced)
- Unlike 2 other very similar pessukim, the possuk in Hallel (115:2) reads:
לָמָּה, יֹאמְרוּ הַגּוֹיִם: אַיֵּה-נָא, אֱלֹקֵיהֶם
lomoh yomru hagoyim ayeh nah elokaihem.
- Shomer pe-sah-yim (NOT pe-sah-im) שֹׁמֵר פְּתָאיִם (116:6)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.