Staying up all night Shevuos?
Here’s what you need to know, IF there is no one to be motzie you in berachos:
- Assuming you went to the bathroom before davening, you can make al netilas yadayim and,of course, asher yatzar.
- You can be mechavain by ahava rabbah for birchos haTorah…and learn something right after shemoneh essraiy. [Alternatively, you can be mechavain by maariv at ahavas olom (and learn after shemoneh essraiy)]
- Elokaiy,neshamah…and hamaavir shainah are problematic (none of the other birchos hashachar are). It is a shaylah what to do lemaaseh. (Remember, we are talking when there is no one to be motzie you.)
- Most hold you can make these 2 berachos.
- Some say you cannot.
- If you slept a half-hour you certainly can.
- Some say if you mamesh slept, then even less than a half-hour.
- I’d say:
- If you did not sleep a half-hour, for Elokaiy, neshamah: be mechavain by the berachah mechayeh hameisim in shemoneh essraiy (starting with attah gibor)
- And make hama’avir shainah if you mamesh slept, even less than a half-hour
ONE FURTHER NOTE:
Don’t over—obsess on eating Seudah shlishis before 4 pm. If it will disrupt your or your family’s Shabbos, just don’t do it.
ONE FURTHER FURTHER NOTE:
Yes, you may learn after alos hashachar on Shavuos morning, even before you’ve taken care of a new birchos HaTorah.